A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy consumer and retail industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Lobsterfest’s return, Sony’s new headphones, and more.
NEW YORK, Jan. 27, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the consumer and retail industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Kroger Announces Food Trend Predictions for 2023
Stuart Aitken, senior vice president, chief merchant and marketing officer, said, “Customers not only learned to cook during the pandemic, they grew to love it. In 2023, cooking at home remains a mainstay with customers gathering together to celebrate time lost and save money as inflation moderates.
- Frank’s RedHot® Launches New Fortnite Game: The Floor Is Flava
‘The Floor is Flava,’ a flavor-packed version of Fortnite’s Floor is Lava challenge that is inspired by the classic kid’s game, is set on an immersive chicken wing-shaped island and centers around a volcano that spews Frank’s RedHot sauce (a.k.a. flava, because Frank’s + Lava = Flava!) everywhere.
- Red Lobster® Welcomes Back Lobsterfest®
During the highly anticipated celebration of all things lobster, guests will find there is something for every lobster lover on the menu with exciting dishes like NEW! Lobster & Shrimp Tacos and NEW! Lobster & Shrimp-Topped Sirloin, as well as a returning guest favorite, Lobster Lover’s Dream®.
- Leading Livestream Shopping Retailer QVC Collaborates with Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth on Home Décor Line
With a Beverly Hills-inspired energy and color palette, The BFF Collection presents a fresh spin on home décor and textiles. The debut collection will feature 11 home décor finds, including functional entertainment carts, storage ottomans, everyday trunks, apothecary jars, etched glass canisters, illuminated hurricanes, decorative pillows and throw blankets.
- Sony Electronics Announces New Pressure-Free Headphones Specifically Designed for Runners and Athletes, Float Run
Sony’s new off-ear headphones have a novel headphone style that positions the speaker near, but without touching, the ear canal, while leaving the ear safely uncovered while still delivering a rich sound experience.
- Grubhub and Topanga.io Bring Zero-Waste Takeout to College Campuses
Reusable packaging on to-go dining hall orders is now available for The Ohio State University and Colorado State University students, with expansion to more campuses this year.
- UltiMaker Launches the S7 – The New Flagship S-Series 3D Printer
The UltiMaker S7 builds on the award winning S-Series printers, with new features including an integrated Air Manager and a flexible build plate which takes ease-of-use and reliability to a new level.
- The PEDIGREE® Brand Launches the FOSTERVERSE™ Program, Calling on Users to Foster Dogs Virtually and Combat Pet Homelessness
The FOSTERVERSE enables Decentraland property owners to foster real rescue dogs on their virtual land. To participate, landowners upload 3D avatars based on real-life dogs currently listed on Adopt a Pet™ onto their Decentraland property.
- Leading DTC Solution for Alcohol Brands Speakeasy Co. Raises $6.8 Million Led by InvestBev
Brian Rosen, General Partner at InvestBev Group, said, “We are bullish on the long-term growth potential of alcohol e-commerce. Across all industries, companies highly value owning the direct consumer relationship, and Speakeasy allows alcohol brands to do just that, while layering on efficient fulfillment.”
Read more of the latest consumer-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNcnsmr on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-consumer-news-9-stories-you-need-to-see-301731909.html
SOURCE PR Newswire