A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy consumer and retail industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a fan favorite’s return to Pizza Hut, a new Girl Scout Cookie, and more.
NEW YORK, Jan. 13, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the consumer and retail industries stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- It’s Back! Pizza Hut Announces the Return of ‘The Big New Yorker,’ An Iconic Fan-Favorite Pizza from the 1990s
Lindsay Morgan, Chief Marketing Officer at Pizza Hut, said, “At 30% larger than our large pizza, now is the perfect time to answer our customers’ requests and bring back The Big New Yorker in a big way right before the big game next month.”
- Calling All Arizonans: Pepsi to Celebrate Phoenix with Locals-Only Super Bowl LVII Party
Leaning into the Valley of the Sun’s distinct creative culture, Pepsi has partnered with a diverse roster of Phoenix artists, mixologists, and notable personalities to transform Walter Studios into a southwestern football fan’s paradise.
- Follett Higher Education and Dyehard Fan Supply Launch Partnership to Expand Preeminent Retail Solutions for College Athletics
Follett Higher Education CEO Emmanuel Kolady said, “By joining forces, we’ll leverage our shared values and joint expertise to revolutionize the college athletics experience for students, families, alumni, and fans.”
- Chipotle Launches New Rewards Perk “Freepotle” and Gives Fans the Chance to Win Free Chipotle for a year at All Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
The ten free food drops throughout the year will include rewards such as free guac, free Queso Blanco, free beverages, free chips, and double protein.
- New Study Finds One in Two Americans Would Choose More Energy Over More Sex or Sleep
1440 Foods, a sports and active nutrition company on a mission to energize people and unleash their potential, released the findings of a study showing that while Americans are prioritizing diet and fitness in the new year, what they really want is more energy.
- White Castle’s Beloved Valentine’s Day Dinner is Back!
On Feb. 14 from 4 to 9 p.m., participating White Castle restaurants once again will transform their dining rooms into fine dining establishments with hostess seating, tableside service and festive holiday décor.
- IPSY Announces Bailey Sarian as Next Glam Bag X Curator
Featuring a total of eight full-size products from Drunk Elephant, Pat McGrath, Scott Barnes, and more, the collection features dramatic makeup and no-holds-barred glamour products from women-, black- and artistry-owned brands.
- STARRY™ Makes Its Debut – a Crisp, Clear, Refreshing Lemon Lime Flavored Soda for a Generation of Irreverent Optimists
“With STARRY, we were able to create a game-changing recipe with the perfect balance of lemon lime flavor and sweetness compared to the competition,” said Danielle Barbaro, Vice President R&D at PepsiCo Beverages North America.
- Meet Roxie: The Zero-Proof Canned Cocktail Shaking Up Dry January
Roxie is right on trend with people who are craving satisfying sips they can take to the party sans spirits. Recent data from IWSR shows that the non-alcoholic beverage category is expected to grow by 27.6% among 21- to 25-year-olds.
- National Girl Scout Cookie Season Kicks Off by Welcoming a National Sponsor and New Cookie to the Lineup
New for the 2023 cookie season, the highly anticipated Raspberry Rally™ cookie joins the iconic lineup alongside classic family favorites like Thin Mints®, Samoas®/Caramel deLites®, Peanut Butter Patties®/Tagalongs®, and more.
Read more of the latest consumer-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNcnsmr on Twitter.
Catch up on the latest CES news from PR Newswire
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-consumer-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301720794.html
SOURCE PR Newswire