A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy environment industry press releases from PR Newswire, including a new customer sustainability platform from PepsiCo.
NEW YORK, April 14, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the environment industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- EARTHDAY.ORG to Host Monumental ‘Earth Week’ in Honor of 2023 Theme, “Invest in Our Planet”
In cohesion with the virtual events, EDO is working with individuals and organizations globally to host thousands of in-person cleanups, rallies, celebrations, and protests across each time zone.
- PepsiCo Debuts New Customer Sustainability Platform Designed To Deliver Critical Solutions Most Needed by Customers
Todd Squarek, Senior Vice President, Chief Sustainability Officer for PepsiCo Beverages North America, said, “With this platform we’re leveraging the shared scale of PepsiCo’s and our customers’ businesses to maximize impact, drive progress toward our pep+ goals, and benefit both our businesses, the planet and the communities we serve.”
- Natural Grocers® Honors Earth Day in 2023
“We hope folks join us for our Earth Day celebration and enjoy stellar discounts on products from every department that support a more regenerative future for the planet,” said Raquel Isely, Vice President of Marketing for Natural Grocers.
- Chipotle Pilots New Responsible Restaurant Design Alongside Sustainability Campaign
Chipotle’s new restaurant design is all electric, aims to maximize energy efficiency, and utilizes 100% renewable energy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from energy use at these restaurants.
- National Wildlife Federation and Johnson Outdoors Celebrate National Volunteer Week April 16-23 with Cleanup Activities to Help the Planet
People across the country can go solo or grab a crew to volunteer and pick up litter in their respective neighborhoods, parks, beaches, and other outdoor spaces. It’s simple and easy to do—every cleanup effort will help make the planet a healthier, happier place.
- Frito-Lay North America Completes First Third-Party Electric Vehicle Shipment in Continued Effort to Decarbonize Supply Chain
This is the first third-party transportation shipment on an electric vehicle (EV) for PepsiCo globally and establishes FLNA and its beloved snack products as the first to contract transport on Schneider’s electric truck fleet of Freightliner eCascadias.
- Napa Valley Vintners Gives $2.1 Million for Wildfire Resiliency
According to the project collaborators, fire roads included in the grant will provide critical access for firefighters in the event of another wildfire and will also act as fire breaks to reduce or halt the spread of wildfires.
- CH4 Global Launches Methane Tamer™ Beef Feedlot, first of the new formulations in the Methane Tamer™ line
New targeted digestive aid formulation with quality star ingredient, Asparagopsis seaweed, is a safe, cost-effective way to reduce enteric methane emissions from beef feedlot cattle by as much as 90%.
- Introducing the Nation’s First Green Integrated Energy Center
This ambitious project includes the building of 1-gigawatt of data centers, establishing a Green Hydrogen Hub, and, over time, deploying four to six small modular reactors (SMRs) each generating on the order of 250 MWe each. The Surry Green Energy Center may also incorporate energy storage capabilities to balance supply and demand at the fully integrated site.
- Diageo introduces drones to drive farming efficiency and environmental benefits across tequila farming in Mexico
The drones work in pairs: one to identify the plants that need attention and collect data on the growth of the agave plants, and the other dispenses a unique water fertilizer and pesticide mix where needed at night when the stomata is open. The collection of data has helped the agave planters to make better decisions on resource use.
Read more of the latest environment-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNenv on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at email@example.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-environment-news-10-stories-you-need-to-see-301797268.html
SOURCE PR Newswire