A roundup of the week’s most newsworthy travel industry press releases from PR Newswire, including air travel hacks and a globe-spanning cruise from Azamara.
NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the travel industry stay on top of the week’s most newsworthy and popular releases, here’s a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn’t be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- New Report Finds Air Travel More Stressful Than Going to the Dentist; Expedia Releases 2024 Air Travel Hacks Report for Smoother Travel
“The good news is many of the things that contribute to travel stress are getting better, and Expedia is constantly releasing new tools like Price Tracking and Price Drop Protection that make the whole booking and flying journey smoother,” said Melanie Fish, head of Expedia Group Brands public relations.
- Here for the Holidays: Make Them More Memorable Than Ever with Four Seasons
The picture-perfect holiday celebration differs for everyone; it can be set on a sunny oceanfront paradise with twinkling turquoise waters or among scenic snow-covered mountains while sipping on handcrafted cocktails.
- Azamara Unveils 2026 World Cruise, A Unique Experience to the Seven Wonders of the World
Azamara Onward’s world cruise is designed to grant guests an extended exploration with 55 late nights and overnights, 60 Extended Destination Days, 3 exclusive World Cruise events and 10 AzAmazing events, allowing for a deeper connection with each mesmerizing wonder and the diverse tapestry of cultures that surround them.
- United Improves Travel Experience For Customers Who Use Personal Wheelchairs
First-of-its-kind digital flight filter helps determine which aircraft can accommodate different sized chairs, better ensuring safe and secure handling for these special items. In another industry first, United will reimburse customers for any increase in fare if an alternate flight is needed to accommodate their personal wheelchair.
- Revolutionizing Camping: Campground Views’ Innovative Solution Makes Booking Campsites a Breeze
Campground Views has unveiled a game-changing technology—Campground Virtual Tours. Think Google Streetview, but for campgrounds, this revolutionary tool employs immersive 360-degree videos to offer campers an unprecedented visual experience.
- Alaska Airlines adds new nonstop between San Diego and Atlanta
“Not only are San Diego and Atlanta popular destinations for leisure travelers, but both are also major business hubs. We’re excited to connect the cities, especially since Atlanta is our largest unserved transcontinental market from San Diego,” said Kirsten Amrine, vice president of revenue management and network planning for Alaska Airlines.
- The Ritz-Carlton Celebrates Transformational Travel with Leave Better Campaign
Marking a fresh new direction for The Ritz-Carlton, the multi-million dollar marketing campaign captures how travel across the brand’s hotels and resorts can become a catalyst for personal evolution. Leave Better illustrates that travel not only results in enriching memories but also has the power to evolve ones’ sense of self.
- SeaWorld to Open Exciting One-Of-A-Kind Marine Life Themed Rides and Experiences for the Whole Family in Every Park in 2024
Attractions include “Penguin Trek” at SeaWorld Orlando, an all-new family friendly coaster that will transport riders on an unforgettable expedition through the Antarctic wilderness aboard unique snowmobile styled ride cars traversing an indoor/outdoor track that ends at the penguin habitat where riders can experience the enchanting world of these remarkable animals.
- Villa Vie Residences Revolutionizes the World Cruise Segment with Visionary Approach, Combining Luxurious Onboard Living with Unparalleled Flexibility
Beginning in May of 2024, Villa Vie will circumnavigate the world every 3.5 years, visiting more than 420 ports in 147 countries across all seven continents. Aspiring global travelers can embark on the voyage of a lifetime by purchasing a cabin to own onboard or joining the VVRI Voyagers Program, where they can curate their own unique journey and combine up to 16 world cruise segments.
- For Sandals® Guests, a New Wonder: A First Look at Sandals Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Opening Spring 2024
Now open for reservations, the more than 50-acre sprawling resort unlocks an entirely new island experience that invites guests to bask in its unspoiled beauty with Two-Story Overwater Villas, meandering rivers, and other sensational “Sandals Firsts.”
- Holland America Line Completes Shore Power Connectivity Installation Across Fleet
Shore power works by plugging the ship into a dockside source, and the power source enables the ship to run all electrical equipment on board without using the ship’s engines. Holland America Line can connect in more than 18 ports worldwide, with more than 25 additional ports actively constructing shore power facilities or investigating the option to do so.
Read more of the latest travel-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNtravel on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they’re signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 440,000 newsrooms, websites, direct feeds, journalists and influencers and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
For questions, contact the team at email@example.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/this-week-in-travel-news-11-stories-you-need-to-see-301942379.html
SOURCE PR Newswire