DUBLIN, Dec. 21, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Second-Generation Biofuels Market – Global Industry Size, Share, Trends, Opportunity, and Forecast, 2018-2028F” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Valued at USD 5.83 billion in 2022, the the global Second-Generation Biofuels Market is anticipated to experience expansion by maintaining a CAGR of 18.36% through 2028. This growth is linked to the escalating need for sustainable and clean energy solutions that exert minimal environmental impact.
As the international community increasingly seeks viable alternatives to fossil fuels in an effort to mitigate the effects of climate change and slash greenhouse gas emissions, second-generation biofuels have emerged as a prime solution.
These biofuels capitalize on the use of inedible biomass, such as non-food crop residues, agricultural waste, and algae, to generate commercially viable energy that aligns with global sustainability goals.
Key Market Drivers
- Environmental Concerns and Renewable Energy Mandates: Surging environmental concerns are reinforcing the growth trajectory of the second-generation biofuels market. With a substantial potential to reduce the carbon footprint and adhere to stringent land-use protocols, next-generation biofuels are increasingly favored under renewable energy mandates to achieve international climate obligations.
- Technological Advancements: Breakthroughs in biofuel production technology, including advanced conversion processes and biotechnological enhancements, are playing a pivotal role in refining productivity, versatility, and cost-effectiveness.
Key Market Challenges
Notwithstanding its significant drivers, the market faces hurdles including Feedstock Availability and Cost and complexities associated with Technological Development and Scale-up. These challenges underscore the need to establish sustainable feedstock sourcing practices, foster technological innovation, and implement strategic policies.
Policy and Regulatory Frameworks:
Dynamic policy and regulatory frameworks can act as a double-edged sword by either propelling market growth or erecting barriers. Harmonizing policies, offering long-term investment incentives, and addressing sustainability criteria are vital for fostering an environment conducive to the thriving of the biofuel industry.
Key Market Trends and Segmental Insights
The diversification of feedstocks, particularly the emergence of Algae-Based Biofuels, stands as a notable trend, leading to increased sustainability and versatility of biofuel offerings. Segmentation by application points to the dominance of the Biodiesel sector, which remains a significant contributor to the global market
Geographically, North America, especially the United States, continues to play a central role in the market due to its expansive aviation sector, established transportation infrastructure, and progressive environmental policies targeting emission reduction.
- The United States leads North American engagement, catalyzed by substantial R&D investment and a spirited legislative environment committed to reducing fuel lifecycle carbon intensity.
- Europe and Asia-Pacific markets are witnessing consistent growth, propelled by similar regulatory commitments and innovations in biofuel technology.
This detailed analysis serves as a decisive resource for stakeholders across the biofuels value chain. As nations grapple with the pressing challenges of climate change and seek sustainable energy solutions, second-generation biofuels are set to play an increasingly prominent role in the global energy landscape.
The Global Second-Generation Biofuels Market has been segmented into the following categories
Global Second-Generation Biofuels Market, By Application:
- Power Generation
Global Second-Generation Biofuels Market, By Type:
- Cellulosic Biofuel
Global Second-Generation Biofuels Market, By Process:
- Abengoa Bioenergy
- Chemtex Group
- Bankchak Petroleum
- Clariant Produkte
- DuPont Industrial Biosciences
- Fujian Zhongde Energy
- INEOS Bio
- Sundrop Fuels
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vdkzw6
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/second-generation-biofuels-market-to-witness-robust-expansion-with-18-36-cagr-through-2028-amid-rising-environmental-concerns-302021131.html
SOURCE Research and Markets